Medical relating to or concerned with physicians or the practice of medicine. Medicine is the field of health and healing. It includes nurses, doctors, and various specialists. It covers diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, medical research, and many other aspects of health. Academic Task has 4000 plus medical MCQs and answers with detailed explanations for medical exam preparation and test. MCQs of Medical covers the topic like basic sciences, clinical sciences, principle and practice of medicine, intensive care medicine MCQs, Nursing MCQs, Medical devices, Physical and occupational therapy – and much more. Also, check MCQ on Biochemistry here.
51. Peripheral resistance is maximum in_______________?
52. Starling’s law of the heard________________?
A. Does not operate in the failing heart
B. Does not operate during exercise
C. Explains the increase in cardiac output that occurs when venous return is increased
D. Explains the increase in cardiac output when the sympathetic nerves supplying the heart stimulated
53. All the heart valves are open during which stage of cardiac cycle __________________?
A. Systolic ejection
B. Isovolumetric relaxation
C. Isovolumetric contraction
D. None of the above
54. Cardiac output is not affected by __________________?
A. Heart rate
B. Peripheral resistance
C. Systolic blood pressure
D. Venous return
55. Stroke output of each ventricle in normal adult is_____________?
A. 30 ml
B. 130 ml
C. 70 ml
D. 5 liters
56. Normally, the rate of the heart beat in a human is determined by _________________?
A. The bundle of His
B. All cardiac muscle
C. The sinoatrial node
D. The cervical ganglion
57. The first heart sound is produced by the_____________?
A. Closure of the aortic and pulmonary valves
B. Opening of the aortic and pulmonary valves
C. Closure of the mitral and tricuspid valves
D. Opening of the mitral and tricuspid valves
58. The following factors increase the cardiac output except______________?
B. After load
C. Heart rate
D. Myocardial contractility
59. SA node acts as a pacemaker of the heart because of the fact that it_________________?
A. is capable of generating impulses
B. Has rich sympathetic innervation
C. Has poor cholinergic innervation
D. Generates impulses at the highest rate
60. Increase in carotid sinus pressure produces__________________?
A. Reflex hyperpnea
B. Reflex Hypercapnia
C. Reflex tachycardia
D. Reflex Hypercapnia