Medical relating to or concerned with physicians or the practice of medicine. Medicine is the field of health and healing. It includes nurses, doctors, and various specialists. It covers diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, medical research, and many other aspects of health. Academic Task has 4000 plus medical MCQs and answers with detailed explanations for medical exam preparation and test. MCQs of Medical covers the topic like basic sciences, clinical sciences, principle and practice of medicine, intensive care medicine MCQs, Nursing MCQs, Medical devices, Physical and occupational therapy – and much more. Also, check MCQ on Biochemistry here.
141. Which sensation is not lost on the side of lesion in brown sequard syndrome ?
B. Vibration sense
C. Muscle sense
142. First change to occur after nerve cut is_______________?
A. Schwan cell mitosis
B. Axonal sprouting
C. Myelin sheath degeneration
D. Nuclear disintegration
143. which receptor is responsible for monitoring the rate of muscle stretch ?
A. Nuclear bag intrafusal fibers
B. Nuclear chain
C. Golgi tendon organ
D. Pacinium corpuscles
144. Body temperature is maintained by ______________?
A. Postural position
B. Covering of the body
C. Peripheral vasoconstriction
D. all of the above
145. Chromatolysis is______________?
A. Disintegrating of Nucleus
B. Disintegration of golgi apparatus
C. Disappearance of nissel granules
D. Decrease in cell size
146. In CNS, the myelination is carried out by _____________?
A. Schwann cells
147. Breathing ceases upon destruction of the___________________________?
B. Medulla oblongata
148. Voluntary movement of eye ball is controlled by______________?
A. Superior colliculus
B. Frontal eye field
D. Visual cortex area
149. Receptors for olfactory sensation are present in ______________?
A. Lateral walls
B. Nasal septum
C. Lateral wall and nasal septum above superior concha
D. None of the above
150. Centre of activity of autonomic nervous system is_________________?