Medical relating to or concerned with physicians or the practice of medicine. Medicine is the field of health and healing. It includes nurses, doctors, and various specialists. It covers diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, medical research, and many other aspects of health. Academic Task has 4000 plus medical MCQs and answers with detailed explanations for medical exam preparation and test. MCQs of Medical covers the topic like basic sciences, clinical sciences, principle and practice of medicine, intensive care medicine MCQs, Nursing MCQs, Medical devices, Physical and occupational therapy – and much more. Also, check MCQ on Biochemistry here.
161. Megaloblasts are precursors of_____________?
B. Norm oblasts
162. Which of the following is one for a patient on coumarin (warfarin) therapy_______________?
A. Partial thromboplastin time ( PTT)
B. Prothrombin time (PT)
C. Bleeding time (BT)
D. Capillary fragility test (CFT)
163. Which of the following coagulation factors is deficient in classical hemophilia ?
164. Which of the following is not true about axonotmesis ?
A. Impairment of both sensory and motor function
B. Wallerian degeneration
C. Intact neural sheath is not present
D. Reversible loss, which will be regenerated i 6-8 wks
165. Broca’s area is concerned with______________?
A. Word formation
B. Comprehends language not speaking
C. Present in posterior part of temporal lobe
D. Is the confluence of somatic , auditory and visceral areas
166. DOPA and 5 – Hydroxytryptophan are clinically important because______________?
A. They cross Blood Brain Barriers
B. They are acidic precursors of Brain amines
C. They act as neuromodulators
D. They are metabolites of various neurogentic amines .
167. The pathway of pain from teeth and temperature is carried by ______________?
A. Corticospinal tract
B. Corticocerebral tract
C. Lateral spinothalamic tract
D. Ventral spinothalamic tract
168. Which of the following acts as a neurotransmitter inhibitor _______________?
C. Aspartic acid
169. Blood supply to the brain during moderate exercise________________?
B. Remains constant
D. Increases then decreases
170. Afferent component of corneal reflex is mediated by ________________?
A. Vagus nerve
B. Facial nerve
C. Trigeminal nerve
D. Glossopharyngeal nerve