Medical relating to or concerned with physicians or the practice of medicine. Medicine is the field of health and healing. It includes nurses, doctors, and various specialists. It covers diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, medical research, and many other aspects of health. Academic Task has 4000 plus medical MCQs and answers with detailed explanations for medical exam preparation and test. MCQs of Medical covers the topic like basic sciences, clinical sciences, principle and practice of medicine, intensive care medicine MCQs, Nursing MCQs, Medical devices, Physical and occupational therapy – and much more. Also, check MCQ on Biochemistry here.
101. Unmyelinated fibres differ from myelinated fibers in that they ______________?
A. Have increased excitability
B. Have to nodes of Ranvier
C. Have no power of regeneration
D. Have no association of Schwann cells
102. Tremors are seen in disorder of_________________?
A. Basal ganglia
B. Pain pathway
C. Pyramidal tract
D. Parathyroid gland
103. Which of the following is not true for myelinated nerve fibers______________?
A. Impulse through myelinated fibers is slower than non- myelinated fibers
B. Membrane currents are generated at nodes of Ranvier
C. Saltatory conduction of impulses is seen
D. Local anesthesia is effective only when the nerve is not covered by myelin sheath
104. Lesions within the basal ganglia produce the following signs except_______________?
105. Sensations of pain from teeth and temperature are carried by_______________?
A. Corticospinal tract
B. Corticobulbar tract
C. Lateral spinothalamic tract
D. Ventral spinothalamic tract
106. Preganglionic parasympathetic fibers are_______________?
A. Somatic only
107. Respiratory center is situated in_______________?
A. Medulla oblongata
B. Spinal cord