Medical relating to or concerned with physicians or the practice of medicine. Medicine is the field of health and healing. It includes nurses, doctors, and various specialists. It covers diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, medical research, and many other aspects of health. Academic Task has 4000 plus medical MCQs and answers with detailed explanations for medical exam preparation and test. MCQs of Medical covers the topic like basic sciences, clinical sciences, principle and practice of medicine, intensive care medicine MCQs, Nursing MCQs, Medical devices, Physical and occupational therapy – and much more. Also, check MCQ on Biochemistry here.
121. Blood brain barriers is absent in all of the following areas except__________________?
A. Subfornical region
B. Habenular trigone
C. Area prosterna
122. Epicritic perception of pain occurs at the level of______________?
B. Area 3,1,2
C. Areas 5,7
123. Intention tremor is a feature of _______________?
A. Loss of function of Thalamus
B. Loss of function of Hypothalamus
C. Loss of function of cerebellum
D. Loss of function of Basal ganglia
124. The most outer covering of nerve fibres is called as____________?
D. Myelin sheath
125. Delta waves of Electroencephalogram have frequency of ______________?
A. More than 14 cycles per second
B. Between 8 and 13 cycles per second
C. Less than 3.5 cycles per second
D. Between 4 and 7 cycles per second
126. Sensory receptors for pain are_______________?
A. Pacinian corpuscles
B. End organs of Ruffini
C. End bulbs of Krause
D. Free nerve endings
127. The first physiological response to high environmental temperature is_______________?
C. Decrease heat production
D. Non- shivering thermogenesis
128. function of Merkel’s cells is_______________?
A. Tactile sensation
129. Copious flow of watery saliva is secreted in response to _____________?
A. Parasympathetic stimulation
B. Sympathetic stimulation
C. CNS stimulation
D. sensory stimulation
130. Intensity of sound is measured in________________?