721. When the prosthetic group of an enzyme is an inorganic ion, it is called a_____________?
722. Coenzyme, in an enzymatic reaction usually functions to_____________?
A. Activate the substrate
B. Increase the active sites of apoenzyme
C. Enhance the specificity of apoenzyme
D. Accept one of the cleavage products
723. Enzymes involved in degradation of epinephrine_____________?
C. Catechol 0-transferase
724. Muscle glycogen cannot contribute directly to blood glucose level because___________?
A. Muscle lacks glucose 6 phosphatase
B. Muscle lacks phosphogluco isomerase
C. Absence of glucokinase
D. Muscle does not contain glycogen phosphorylase
725. The main site of fluoride inhibition in the Embden Meyerhof pathway of acid____________?
C. Pyruvate Kinase
D. Fructose 6 phosphatase
726. The activity of the following enzyme is affected by biotin deficiency____________?
727. The deficiency of thiamine can be identified by measuring the red cell______________?
C. Alpha ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
D. Pyruvate dehydrogenase
728. Competitive enzyme inhibition will cause_____________?
A. Decrease of km and increase of Vmax
B. increase of km and increase of Vmax
C. Decrease of km and decrease of Vmax
D. Increase of km and Unchanged of Vmax
729. Which of the following is correct of the pyruvate dehydrogenase enzyme complex ?
A. It is present in cytoplasm
B. Catalyzes the conversion of pyruvate to oxaloacetate
C. Requires TPP as cofactor
D. Catalyzes a reversible reaction
730. Dehydrogenase used as coenzymes all of the following, except________________?
D. Ferro protoporphyrin