Medical relating to or concerned with physicians or the practice of medicine. Medicine is the field of health and healing. It includes nurses, doctors, and various specialists. It covers diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, medical research, and many other aspects of health. Academic Task has 4000 plus medical MCQs and answers with detailed explanations for medical exam preparation and test. MCQs of Medical covers the topic like basic sciences, clinical sciences, principle and practice of medicine, intensive care medicine MCQs, Nursing MCQs, Medical devices, Physical and occupational therapy – and much more. Also, check MCQ on Biochemistry here.
61. The effects of Adrenaline on heart are all except__________________?
A. Increases heart rate
B. Decreases myocardial irritability
C. Increases force of contraction
D. Increases oxygen uptake by heart
62. First heart sound occurs during the period of________________?
A. Isotonic relaxation
B. Isovolumetric relaxation
C. Isovolumetric contraction
D. Isotonic contraction
63. Cardiac output in L/min divided by heart rate equals_______________?
A. Cardiac efficiency
B. Cardiac index
C. Mean stroke volume
D. Mean arterial pressure
64. Under resting condition the cardiac output is _______ L/ min ?
65. Conduction velocity is least in_______________?
A. AV node
B. SA node
C. SA node
D. Purkinje fibers
66. Absolute refractory period in heart______________?
A. Lasts till cardiac contraction
B. Longer than refractory period in skeletal muscle
C. A phase of cardiac cycle in which heart cannot be stimulated by any amount of stimulus
D. Corresponds with duration of action potential
E. All of the above
67. Increased functional demand on the heart produces increased size of the myocardium by _______________?
C. Fatty infiltration
D. Increased amounts of fibrous connective tissue
68. Cardiac output is a measure of______________?
A. Peripheral resistance X tissue fluid
B. Peripheral resistance X cardiac rate
C. Blood pressure X cardiac rate
D. Heart rate X blood volume
69. The ventricular repolarization in ECG is best seen in_______________?
A. “P” wave
B. “Q” wave
C. “R” wave
D. “T” wave
70. Parasympathetic stimulation of heart causes______________?
A. SA node decreases firing
B. Increased AV node excitability
C. Decreased ventricular contraction