771. In prolonged starvation the main energy source of brain is_____________?
B. Ketone bodies
D. Fatty acids
772. The citric acid cycle is the final pathway for oxidation of______________?
D. None of the above
773. The uptake of glucose by the liver increase following a carbohydrate meal because____________?
A. There is increase in phosphorylation of glucose by glucokinase
B. GLUT-2 stimulated by insulin
C. Glucokinase has a low Km for glucose
D. Hexokinase in liver has a high affinity for glucose
774. Which one of the following enzymes provides a link between glycolysis and the citric acid cycle ?
A. Lactate dehydrogenase
B. Pyruvate kinase
C. Citrate synthase
D. Pyruvate dehydrogenase
775. Increase in pyruvate and lactate is seen in which of the following deficiency ?
D. Vitamin C
776. Glycogen breakdown leads to formation of______________?
B. Lactic acid
C. Glucose & Lactic acid
777. Which is not a oligosaccharide sugar ?
778. One molecule of acetyl Co-A gives rise to ________ ATP molecules?
779. All these reactions take place inside the mitochondria except____________?
A. EMP pathway
B. Krebs cylce
C. Urea cycle
D. Electron transfer
780. Which of the following is not a product of HMP shunt_____________?
B. D fructose 6 phosphate
C. D sedoheptulose 5 phosphate
D. D glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate