711. Adnan is “very different about” passing the Civil Services Examination this year.
A. Dead sure of
B. Very hopeful of
C. Lacking self confidence about
D. Reasonably certain of
712. It was he who put “a spoke in my wheel”.
A. tried to cause an accident
B. helped in the execution of the plan
C. thwarted in the execution of the plan
D. destroyed the plan
713. Plough a lonely furrow means______________________?
A. remain unaffected
B. do without the help of others
C. survive in isolation
D. remain non-aligned
714. He is “out and out” a reactionary.
A. no more
C. in favour of
D. deadly against
715. Synonym of Shelve_____________________?
716. The decision did not appear to “hold out” bright prospects.
717. Stew in ones own juice means_________________?
A. To fight with his mind
B. To destroy his memory
C. Suffer in his own juice
D. Suffer for his own act
718. Play to the gallery means___________?
B. cater to the public taste
C. attempt to appeal to popular taste
D. depend upon the public for approval
719. He is using “backstairs influence” to sort out his matter.
A. Political influence
B. Backing influence
C. Deserving and proper influence
D. Secret and unfair influence
720. He was undecided. He “let the grass grow under his feet”.
A. loitered around
B. stayed out
C. sat unmoving
D. moved away