Academic Task brings English Grammar and Vocabulary Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). This section contains the latest English MCQs for the preparation of competitive exams and entrance test for FPSC, NTS, KPPSC, PPSC, ETEA, IBA, and other tests. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations. English MCQs include Idioms & Phrases, Sentence Correction MCQs, Synonyms MCQs, Antonyms MCQs, Prepositions MCQs, Analytical Reasoning Mcqs Active & Passive Voice MCQs, Direct & Indirect MCQs.
Verbal/English MCQS and Quiz Test for Preparation
|S.No||ENGLISH MCQS||ENGLISH QUIZ|
|1||Fill in the blanks Mcqs||Fill in the blanks Quiz|
|2||Related Pair of Words Mcqs||Related Pair of Words Quiz|
|3||Synonyms Mcqs||Synonyms Quiz|
|4||Antonyms Mcqs||Antonyms Quiz|
|5||One Word Substitutes Mcqs||One Word Substitutes Quiz|
|6||One Word Substitutes Mcqs||One Word Substitutes Quiz|
|7||Active and Passive Voice Mcqs||Active and Passive Voice Quiz|
|8||Prepositions Mcqs||Prepositions Quiz|
|9||Analytical Reasoning Mcqs||Analytical Reasoning Quiz|
|10||Read the Passage Mcqs||Read the Passage Quiz|
141. Idiom “A slap on the wrist” means?
A. Hard Punishment
B. Beating Someone
C. Warning or Small Punishment
D. Make someone sad
142. Idiom “To cut long story short” means?
A. Tell the story briefly
B. Come to the point
C. Miss the main points
D. None of above
143. Which one of the following is antonym of ” Apocryphal ” while others are synonyms?
144. Which one of the following is antonym of ” Prosaic ” while others are synonyms?
145. Which one of the following is antonym of ” Raucous” while others are synonyms?
146. Which one of the following is antonym of ” Picayune ” while others are synonyms?
147. Which one of the following is antonym of ” Flaunt ” while others are synonyms?
148. She said,” I visited Peshawar yesterday.”
A. She said she had visited Peshawar the previous day.
B. She said that I had visited Peshawar yesterday.
C. She said that she visited Peshawar yesterday.
D. She said that she has visited Peshawar the previous day
149. Ahmad said,” I have a dental appointment this evening.”
A. Ahmad said that he have a dental appointment this evening.
B. Ahmad said that he had a dental appointment this evening.
C. Ahmad said that he has a dental appointment this evening.
D. Ahmad said that he had a dental appointment that evening.
150. He said, “I need your help now.”
A. He said he need my help now.
B. He said that he needed my help then.
C. He said that I needed your help now.
D. None of these