591. Art of growing crops, management of live stocks, husbandry and farming is called________________?
B. crop farming
C. Water management
D. all are correct
592. Art of making saline un-cultivable lands capable of re-cultivation is called.___________________?
C. Growing crops
D. Water application
593. Which of the following is a cash crop ___________________?
594. Out/ of a well water is more than canal water because____________________?
A. Conveyance losses in well irrigation are less
B. Well water is clear than canal water
C. Lifting of water increase cost of well water
D. Well water is used economically
595. A watershed canal __________________?
A. Irrigates only on one side
B. Avoids the cross drainage works
C. Is generally aligned parallel to the contour of the area
D. Is most suitable in hilly areas
596. The process of consolidation of stabilized earth work in canal or river embankments. In this process the soil is deposited in layers of specified thickness and at a particular moisture content is called __________________?
A. Soil stabilization
D. All are correct
597. When the reservoir is full, the maximum compressive force in a gravity dam is produced ___________________?
A. At the toe
B. At the heel
C. Within the middle third of base
D. At centre of base
598. The ideal crop for wastewater or sewage irrigation is _______________________?
599. The season that starts from 1st October and ends on 31st March, runs for 182 days is called __________________?
A. Rabi season
B. Kharif season
C. Monsoon season
D. Wheat season
600. Weep holes are provided in canal lining to _____________________?
A. improve strength of lining
B. Give additional anchorage against sliding
C. Provide water into branch canals
D. Have drainage facility