MCQs is one of the best ways to test a student’s comprehension of a concept. Academic Task subject experts have prepared these Psychology MCQs based on current trends and practices. Furthermore, the questions present in this section will be beneficial for all types of competitive examination and tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
01. Psychology may best be described as the scientific study of _______ and ______.
A. Mental states, physical states
B. Thoughts, emotions
C. Behavior, mental processes
D. Mental health, mental illness
02. Freud believed that adult problems usually:
A. Result in Freudian slip
B. Result in bad dreams
C. Can be traced back to critical stage during childhood
D. Are the result of poor behavior
03. Gestalt theory emphasizes:
A. A flow of consciousness
B. The atoms of thought
C. Environmental stimuli
D. Our tendency to see pattern
04. Whereas the _______ asked what happens when an organism does something; the _____ asked how and why.
A functionalist, behaviorist
B structuralist, introspectionist
C structuralist, functionalist
D functionalist, structuralist
05. The _____ lobe is to hearing as the occipital lobe is to vision.
06. Reflexes are usually controlled by the:
B Spinal cord
C Frontal lobe
07. A part of the brain that sends signals “alert” to higher centers of the brain in response to incoming messages is:
C. Limbic system
D. Reticular formation
08. Perception of the brightness of a color in affected mainly by:
A. The saturation of light waves
B. The wavelength of light waves
C. The purity of light waves
D. The amplitude of light waves
09. Which of the following is not a clue for depth perception?
C. Reduced clarity
D. Linear perspective
10. Psychophysics is the study of:
A. Depth perception
B. Perceptual illness
C. Movement perception
D. The psychological perception oh physical stimuli
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.