Academictask provides MCQs of Physics from Basic to Advance, so that you can prepare accordingly. Physics Mcqs section is useful for both students and job seekers i.e MCAT ECAT ETEA test preparation, PPSC Test, FPSC Test
71. The speed of stationary waves in a stretched string are independent of___________________?
A. Number of loops
B. Tension in the string
C. Point where string is plucked
D. both A and C
72. Which phenomena can be applied to estimate the velocity of star with respect to earth ___________________?
A. Dopplers effect
B. Interference of waves
C. Beats phenomena
D. All of these
73. The waves that require a material medium for their propagation are called__________________?
A. matter waves
B. electromagnetic waves
C. carrier waves
D. mechanical waves
74. When two identical traveling waves are superimposed, the velocity of the resultant wave__________________?
C. remains unchanged
D. becomes zero
75. If stretching force T of wire increases, then its frequency __________________?
C. remains the same
D. any of above
76. It is possible to distinguish between transverse and longitudinal waves form the property of __________________?
77. When the source of sound moves away form a stationary listener then ______________ occurs?
A. an apparent increase in frequency
B. an apparent decrease in frequency
C. an apparent decrease in wavelength
D. no apparent change in frequency
78. Which one is the correct relation for fundamental frequency of open and closed pipe ?
A. fopen = 2 fclosed
B. fclosed = 2fopen
C. fopen = fclosed
D. fopen = 1 / f closed
79. Newton estimated the speed of sound _____________________?
D. all of the above
80. The speed of sound in hydrogen is _____________ time than that in oxygen?
A. Two times
B. Three times
C. Four time
D. Six time