Sociology is the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. Academic task offering 2000+ Sociology MCQs for the preparation of different schools, colleges, and universities examinations to get good marks. Solved sociology mcqs cover multiple topics such as modern family sociology, ecclesia sociology, interactionalist theory, poverty line sociology, absolute poverty sociology, symbolic interactionist theory, common sense sociology, dependency theory sociology, Criminology, white collar crime sociology, mass society theory, Social Problems in Pakistan, Social Control, Cultural change and Social Policy, Methods of Sociological Research, Social Interaction – and much more. These sociology multiple choice questions are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and jobs like PPSC, FPSC, KPPSC Lecturer’s jobs, CSS Sociology officers, etc. for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Statistics here.
171. The principle of laissez-faire was expounded and endorsed by the British economist ?
A. John Maynard Keynes
B. Adam Smith
C. Paul Samuelson
D. Arthur Scargill
172. Two basic types of economic systems distinguish contemporary industrial societies ?
A. capitalism and communism
B. capitalism and socialism
C. socialism and communism
D. capitalism and dictatorships
173. Which of these key early figures in sociology had an interest in issues of labor and the economy ?
A. Karl Marx
B. Karl Marx and Emile Durkheim
C. Karl Marx and Max Weber
D. All three of them
174. Occupational gender segregation is used to explain ?
A. the belief that women control the private sphere
B. women increasing labor market participation
C. the allocation of men and women to different types of job
D. relations between men and women in the workplace
175. Which statement below most accurately describes the global unemployment rate ?
A. the unemployment rate has decreased significantly since the 1970s
B. the unemployment rate remains historically low
C. the unemployment rate remains historically high
D. the unemployment rate in not known
176. In the developed countries more people are employed in the service sector than manufacturing with a tiny percentage working in agriculture Globally which sector now employs the fewest people ?
B. industrial manufacture
D. none of the above
177. What is the concept used by Karl Marx to explain workers loss of control over their labor power in capitalist societies ?
178. By the year 2020 it is projected that less than 2 percent of the entire global labor force will be engaged in ?
B. service jobs
C. factory work
D. high-tech jobs
179. While predictions are not always reliable sociologists and labor specialists foresee a workforce increasingly composed of ?
B. racial minorities
C. ethnic minorities
D. all of the above
180. Which sociological perspective points out that while pure monopolies are not a basic element of the economy of the United States competition is much more restricted than one might expect in what is called a free enterprise system ?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. labeling theory