671. The demographic transition refers to______________?
A. an increase in the birth rate
B. an increase in the death rate
C. an exponential growth in population
D. a change in the ratio of births to deaths
672. The potential number of children that women are capable of bearing is called____________?
673. Dependency theorists from low-income countries drew on the ideas of_____________?
A. Walt Rostow
B. Karl Marx
C. Immanuel Wallerstein
D. Bretton Woods
674. According to the World Bank Which of these is a middle-income country ?
675. Global economic inequality refers primarily to______________?
A. systematic difference in wealth and income between global firms
B. systematic differences in wealth and income between countries
C. systematic differences in wealth and income within countries
D. systematic differences in wealth and income between poorer countries
676. Which of these is not a key factor behind the potential economic catch-up of developing nations according to Willem Buiter ?
A. a young population
B. good healthcare system
D. careful policy planning
677. World-systems theory distinguishes between core peripheral and semi-peripheral countries Which one of the following countries is part of the semi-periphery ?
678. In which sector do two-thirds of the world’s working children perform their labor ?
A. Wholesale and retail
679. What proportion of the world’s annual wealth output is concentrated in high-income countries ?
680. Put the GDPs of these countries in descending order ______________?
A. Sweden Switzerland Norway Portugal
B. Sweden Norway Switzerland Portugal
C. Portugal Switzerland Norway Sweden
D. Switzerland Norway Portugal Sweden