411. What is the idea that racism pervades all of society’s structures in a systematic way called ____________?
A. new racism
B. cultural racism
D. institutional racism
412. A minority group is one that is both disadvantaged and______________?
A. has some sense of collective or group solidarity
B. numerically small compared to the main social group
C. identifiably different from others in a society
D. holds views contrary to the social norm
413. Why do sociologists use the category race ?
A. it distinguishes between biological and social factors
B. it denotes something fixed and unchanging
C. it is social category which has real effects on people’s lives
D. it enables comparisons between groups in different countries
414. Which one of the following is not one of the four migration trends identified by Castles and Miller (1993) ?
415. Approximately what percentage of the global population currently lives outside their country of birth ?
416. Prohibiting intermarriage across ethnic groups the physical separation of groups and restrictions on contact between ethnic groups are examples of______________?
A. resource allocation
D. group closure
417. Which of the following is not part of a sociological definition of a minority group ?
A. the minority group is disadvantaged compared to the more powerful and dominant group
B. minority groups are always non-white
C. the minority group has a strong sense of group solidarity
D. the minority group often experiences prejudice and discrimination
418. Which country has the world,s largest concentration of Jews ?
419. Which equation can be used to represent pluralism ?
420. Which sociological perspective views race from the macro level and sees the economic structure as a central factor in the exploitation of minority groups ?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. labeling theory