461. Sutherland’s Differential Association theory emphasizes that crime and deviance are basically______________?
A. due to poor parenting
E. the result of being labelled
462. According to Strain theory, retreatants are likely to engage in what type of deviant activity ?
A. Sexual assault
D. drug abuse
463. The sociologist responsible for the modern-day adaptation of strain theory is______________?
464. Biological positivists have tended to focus on what type of crime ?
D. white collar
465. The rise in patriotism following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, is an example of what function of deviance ?
E. Boundary setting
466. According to Quinine, crimes of “domination and repression” are committed by ______________?
A. People who aspire to the upper class
B. The ruling elite
C. white collar businessmen
D. gang members
E. the lower socio-economic strate
467. The classic sociological study of two juvenile groups called the “Saints” and the “Roughnecks” was conducted by______________?
468. Punishments, or negative sanctions, are especially important at the _______ level?
469. Sociological definitions of deviance consist of behaviors, beliefs, and_______________?
470. Which of the following in NOT associated with functionalism ?
A. Talcott Parsons
B. Ralf Dahrendorf
C. Emile Durkheim
D. Robert Merton