581. Which of the following is true regarding culture ?
A. Culture is genetic
B. Culture is passed down generation to generation
C. Culture includes physical artifacts not abstract creations
D. none of the above
582. A counter culture_______________?
A. Has to be against the existing ethos/values
B. May not be against the existing culture ethos/values
C. if different from the exiting culture may never survive
D. None of these
583. Diffusion of innovations among the cultures means______________?
A. Travelling of traits and patterns space/territory
B. Transmission of trait complexes time
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above
584. Ethnocentrism means_____________?
A. Evaluating other cultures with the yardstick of your own values
B. Taking other nations as good as your own one but disowned
C. no other society is like yours and your society is superior to the others
D. None of these
585. A social condition in which values are conflicting weak or absent is called____________?
B. Hawthorne affect
586. One strength of ethnography is the______________?
A. the influence of specific variables can be controlled by the investigator
B. it usually generates richer and more in-depth information than other methods
C. it is essential when a study is primarily historical or has a historical dimension
D. it can only be used to study relatively small groups or communities
587. The use of terms such as flaming and chat rooms by the subculture of early internet users is an example of______________?
D. virtual reality
588. In a sense xenocentrism is a reverse form of_________________?
A. cultural integration
B. cultural relativism
D. culture shock
589. The term ethnocentrism was coined by sociologist____________?
A. William F. Ogburn
B. William Graham Sumner
C. George Murdock
D. Max Weber
590. Older people living in housing for the elderly workers in an offshore oil rig rodeo cowboys and circus performers-all are examples of what sociologists refer to as_______________?
C. cultural universals