All these Physiology MCQs are specially framed to strengthen the conceptual understanding of different biology topics. Human Physiology MCQ with answers covers multiple concepts such as human digestion, nervous system, human reproduction, body fluids and circulation, breathing and exchange of gases, renal System, respiratory System, Git and Liver, endocrinology, locomotor and moment in human Sense Organs, Reflex Actions, Spinal Nerve, Physiology of Urine Formation, insulin physiology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on physiology. These physiology MCQs with answers are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pharmacology here.
161. Vital capacity is decreased, timed vital capacity (FEV 1.0 %) is normal in______________?
A. Bronchial asthma
C. Chronic bronchitis
D. Acute bronchitis
162. The type of hypoxia present in high attitude is_____________?
A. Anemic Hypoxia
B. Hypoxic Hypoxia
C. Stagnant Hypoxia
D. Histotoxic Hypoxia
163. The volume of gas in the lungs at the end of normal expiration is____________?
A. Expiratory reserve volume
B. Functional residual capacity
C. Residual volume
D. Inspiratory reserve volume
164. tidal volume in adult is_____________?
A. 125 ml
B. 500 ml
C. 1500 ml
D. 2200 ml
165. A decrease in the arterial PO2 is seen in______________?
A. Decrease in hemoglobin concentration of arterial blood
B. Paralysis of inspiratory muscles
C. Sluggish blood flow
D. High altitudes
166. The alveolar ventilation in an individual with tidal volume: 600 ml, 166. dead space 150 ml and respiratory rate of 15/ minute is_____________?
A. 2.5 lit/Min
B. 4.0 lit /Min
C. 6.75 Lit/Min
D. 9 Lit/Min
167. The intrapleural pressure at the end of deep inspiration is ______________?
A. -4 mm Hg
B. +4 mm Hg
C. -18 mm Hg
D. + mm Hg
168. Hypoxia is characterized by ___________?
A. Low arterial PO2
B. Intense chemoreceptor response
C. Favorable response to 100% oxygen
D. All of the above
169. Alveolar O2 tension is______________?
A. Increased by hyperventilation
B. Decreased by hyperventilation
C. Similar to venous O2 tension
D. Not affected by respiratory depression
170. Surfactant is secreted by_____________?
A. Pnemocyte I
B. Pnemocyte II
C. Goblet cells
D. Pulmonary vessels