Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
1.The beneficial effect of drug neostigmine in the treatment of Myasthenia gravis is due to the action____________?
A. It is produces more acetylcholine
B. It inhibits the action of cholinesterase
C. It produces more acetycholine receptors
D. It increases the action of cholinesterase
2. DOPA and 5-Hydroxytryptophan are clinically important because_____________?
A. They cross blood Brain Barriers
B. They are acidic precursors of Brain amines
C. They act as neuromodulators
D. They are metabolites of various neurogenic amines
3. Which among the following is a pure antagonist of opioid receptors ?
4. Which among the following may be used as a sedatives hypnotic ?
5. An anxiolytic, not interacting with GABA ergic system and used in generalized anxiety is______________?
6. Quinine is obtained from CINCHONA________________?
D. Seed capsule
7. Which of the following drugs can be given safely to a patient with renal disease ?
8. Thyroid storm can be treated by all the following drugs EXCEPT______________?
9. Which among the following Not a pharmacological action of opioids______________?
A. Cough suppression
D. Truncal rigidity
10. Aspirine is useful in all the following conditions EXCEPT_____________?
B. Post myocardial infarction
C. Venous thrombosis
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.