891. Which of the following pairing of cortical area & its function is INCORRECT?
A. 10 motor cortex – control of basic motor movement
B. Premotor cortex – control of distal motor function
C. Supplementary motor cortex – planning of complex motor activity
D. Posterior parietal cortex – planning & integration of sensory & motor function including learned sequences of movements
E. None of the above.
892. Duration of spinal shock in human lasts a minimum of:
A. 2 days
B. I week
C. 2 weeks
D. 1 month
E. 2 months
893. Which of the following statement regarding spinal shock is INCORRECT?
A. It is characterized by hyperactive reflex immediately after spinal cord transection.
B. The resting membrane potential during spinal shock is 2-6m V higher than normal.
C. 1st response regained after spinal shock is slight contraction of leg flexion & adductor in response to pain.
D. It may be prolonged with infection & malnutrition.
E. Administration of high dose steroid post transection can minimize loss of function & foster recovery.
894. Complication of spinal cord transection includes:
A. Decubitus ulcer
B. Catabolic state with negative nitrogen balance
C. Hypercalcemia & renal calculi
D. Urinary tract infection
E. All of the above
895. Chronic spinal patient does not have:
A. Hyperactive stretch reflex
B. Flaccid hypotonic bladder
C. Widely swing blood pressure due to loss of baroreceptor reflex
D. Loss of vasomotor control resulting in sweating & blanching of skin.
E. Mass reflex to minor noxious stimuli to skin
896. Which of the following statements regarding decerebration is FALSE?
A. Initial period is marked by spinal shock.
B. Decerebrated animal is able to stand.
C. Spasticity is due to increased excitability of a motor neuron & y motor neuron.
D. Pattern of decerebration rigidity varies with position.
E. Increased rigidity & extension of ipsilateral limb when head is turned to I side.
897. Transection of neural axis at the superior border of midbrain leads to:
A. Marked extensor rigidity in the supine position only
B. Righting reflexes is interact
C. Rigidity is dynamic as the midbrain animal can walk
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
898. Midbrain responses include the following EXCEPT:
A. Vestibulo-ocular reflex (righting reflex)
B. Pupillary reaction
C. Mass reflex
D. Vestibular placing reaction
E. Post-rotatory nystagmus
899. Decortication is marked by:
A. Intact temperature & visceral homeostatic mechanisms
B. Intact learning mechanisms
C. Extensor response to pain
D. Intact placing reaction
E. Intact hopping reaction
900. Striatum sends stimulatory output to:
A. Internal segment of globus pallidus
B. External segment of globus pallidus
C. Substantia nigra
D. Subthalamic nuclei
E. None of the above
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.