521. Stroke output of each ventricle in normal adult is_____________?
A. 30 ml
B. 130 ml
C. 70 ml
D. 5 liters
522. Normally, the rate of the heart beat in a human is determined by _________________?
A. The bundle of His
B. All cardiac muscle
C. The sinoatrial node
D. The cervical ganglion
523. The first heart sound is produced by the_____________?
A. Closure of the aortic and pulmonary valves
B. Opening of the aortic and pulmonary valves
C. Closure of the mitral and tricuspid valves
D. Opening of the mitral and tricuspid valves
524. How many % of the body weight is the total blood volume?
525. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT?
A. Osmole is the molecular weight of a substance divided by the number of freely moving particles liberated in solution.
B. Osmolarity is the number of osmole per kg solution
C. Osmolality is the number of osmole per liter solvent
D. Osmolal concentration of a solution is not affected by temperature
E. All of the above
526. Plasma osmolal concentration is:
527. Which of the following statement is INCORRECT?
A. Osmosis is the movement of solute across a semi-permeable membrane in attempt to balance osmolal concentration on the 2 sides of the membrane.
B. Passive diffusion is only effective across a short distance
C. Facilitated diffusion makes use of carrier protein & occurs down the concentration gradient across the membrane.
D. Active transport uses carrier protein & occurs against the concentration gradient across the membrane.
E. Exocytosis & endocytosis tend to be the mode of transport for protein.
528. Which of the following is an example of counter-transport?
A. Sodium-Glucose pump
B. Sodium-Potassium-Chloride pump
C. Sodium-Potassium pump
D. Sodium-Amino acid pump
E. Sodium-Chloride pump
529. Resting membrane potential of neuron is about:
A. -5 0mV
B. -6 0mV
C. -7 0mV
D. -8 0mV
530. Which of the following statement is FALSE?
A. There are more anions inside cell membrane than outside the cell membrane
B. The interior wall of cell membrane is more negatively charged than the exterior wall.
C. Membrane potential is partly maintained by the intracellular protein.
D. Membrane potential is closer to the EK than ENa because K is more permeable-
E. Chloride is the predominant diffusable anion across cell membrane.