All these Physiology MCQs are specially framed to strengthen the conceptual understanding of different biology topics. Human Physiology MCQ with answers covers multiple concepts such as human digestion, nervous system, human reproduction, body fluids and circulation, breathing and exchange of gases, renal System, respiratory System, Git and Liver, endocrinology, locomotor and moment in human Sense Organs, Reflex Actions, Spinal Nerve, Physiology of Urine Formation, insulin physiology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on physiology. These physiology MCQs with answers are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pharmacology here.
171. An important non- respiratory function of lungs is_____________?
A. Anion balance
B. Sodium balance
C. Potassium balance
D. Ca+2 balance
172. What is true about pneumothorax ?
A. Total chest wall diameter is increased
B. Interpleural pressure becomes more negative
C. The concentration of surfactant is reduced in alveoli
D. Increased lung compliance
173. Inability of exchange of oxygen through lung tissue if known as____________?
A. Anoxic anoxia
C. Histotoxic hypoxia
D. Ischemic hypoxia
174. The approximate amount of air left in the lungs after maximal forced expiration in a normal woman______________?
A. 0.5 L
B. 2.0 L
C. 1.1 L
D. 1.8 L
175. Carotid body function in an organ work as_______________?
A. Differential pressure of oxygen in arterial blood
B. Differential pressure of oxygen in venous blood
C. Differential pressure of oxygen in in tissue fluids
D. Differential pressure of oxygen in in hemoglobin synthesis
176. Kussmamul’s respiration occurs in response to_______________?
A. Decrease in pH of blood
B. Increase in pH of blood
C. Obstructive pulmonary disease
D. Carbon monoxide poisoning
177. Energy expenditure during normal breathing____________?
A. 25% – 50% of total energy spent
B. 50% -75% of total energy spent
C. 15% – 20% of total energy spent
D. 2% – 3% of total energy spent
178. Normal intrapleural pressure during the start of inspiration is _________ mm of Hg?
179. In cases of hypercapnia there is_______________?
A. Increased pH of blood
B. Decreased pH of blood
C. Remains same
D. Increased oxygen concentration in blood
180. Carbon monoxide poisoning causes_______________?
A. Hypoxic hypoxia
B. Oxygen dissociation curve shifts to left
D. Diffusion capacity of lungs decreases
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.