All these Physiology MCQs are specially framed to strengthen the conceptual understanding of different biology topics. Human Physiology MCQ with answers covers multiple concepts such as human digestion, nervous system, human reproduction, body fluids and circulation, breathing and exchange of gases, renal System, respiratory System, Git and Liver, endocrinology, locomotor and moment in human Sense Organs, Reflex Actions, Spinal Nerve, Physiology of Urine Formation, insulin physiology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on physiology. These physiology MCQs with answers are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pharmacology here.
181. The work of breathing__________________?
A. is inversely related to lung compliance
B. remains constant during exercise
C. is not affected by respiratory
D. decreased in lying posture
182. Shift of the oxygen dissociation curve to right is caused by the following factors EXCEPT_______________?
A. Increased 2,3 BPG
B. Increased temperature
C. Increased concentration of carbon – di – oxide
D. Increased concentration of oxygen
183. At high altitudes the following changes takes place except_______________?
A. Increase in respiratory rate
B. Increases in depth of respiration
C. Increase in oxygen carrying capacity of blood
D. Increase in partial pressure of CO2
184. Which of the following statements about pulmonary surfactant is false ?
A. It is secreted by Type II pneumocytes
B. It contains lecithin and sphingomyelin
C. It increases surface tension
D. It prevents collapse of smaller alveoli
185. Increase in partial pressure of CO2 leading to release of oxygen to the tissues is________________?
A. Haldane effect
B. Bohr effect
C. Breur effect
D. Hamburger effect
186. The transport of CO is diffusion limited because_______________?
A. Bind avidly with Hb
B. Partial pressure of CO is less
C. CO is less absorbed in water
D. Alveolar membrane is less permeable
187. Oxygen as an emergency drug is contraindicated in______________?
188. The quantity of water lost in expired air each 24 hrs is about___________?
A. 200 ML
B. 400 ML
C. 600 ML
D. 800 ML
189. Which of the following adaptations will be apt to increase the work capacity at high altitude_________________?
A. Increased workload, decreasing duration of exercise
B. Increased workload, increasing duration of exercise
C. Decreasing workload, increasing duration of exercise
D. Decreasing workload, decreasing duration of exercise
190. Bronchial circulation is associated with__________________?
A. Air conditioning
B. Drug absorption
C. Gaseous exchange
D. Reserve volume