All these Physiology MCQs are specially framed to strengthen the conceptual understanding of different biology topics. Human Physiology MCQ with answers covers multiple concepts such as human digestion, nervous system, human reproduction, body fluids and circulation, breathing and exchange of gases, renal System, respiratory System, Git and Liver, endocrinology, locomotor and moment in human Sense Organs, Reflex Actions, Spinal Nerve, Physiology of Urine Formation, insulin physiology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on physiology. These physiology MCQs with answers are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pharmacology here.
261. Increase in threshold level on applying subthreshold, slowly rising stimulus is known as ___________?
262. The number of muscle fibers in a motor unit are least in______________?
A. Laryngeal muscles
B. Pharyngeal muscles
C. Muscles of middle ear
D. Extraocular muscles
263. Succinyl choline acts to block neuromuscular transmission by_______________?
A. Inhibiting cholinesterase
B. Inhibiting the CNS
C. Depolarizing the motor end plate of skeletal muscle
D. Blocking the release of acetyl choline at the end plate
264. Non true regarding Na/K pump is______________?
A. Pumps Na against a gradient
B. 5 Na+ exchanged for 2K+
C. Increase in intracellular Na
D. Hypocalcemia inhibits the pump
265. A motor unit is made up of______________?
A. A flexor muscle and an extensor muscle
B. A single skeletal muscle and all the motor peurons that supply it
C. A single motor neuron and all the muscle fibers it innervates
D. All the motor neurons in which response are observed after maximal stimulation of a single sensory nerve
266. Small packets of acetylcholine released randomly from the nerve cell membrane at rest Produces_______________?
A. Inhibitory post synaptic potential
B. Miniature end plate potential
C. Action potential
D. End plate potential
267. Upstroke of action potential would lead to________________?
A. Net current in an outward direction
B. Cell interior becomes more negative
C. Cell interior becomes less negative
D. None of the above
268. The main types of muscle cells are______________?
A. Skeletal and cardiac
B. Smooth and cardiac
C. Smooth and skeletal
D. All of the above
269. Two major types of muscle fibres are found in humans_____________?
A. white and brown
B. White and yellow
C. White and gray
D. White and red
270. The absolute refractory period of an action potential is due to _______________?
A. Insufficient neurotransmitter
B. Depletion of intracellular Na+
C. Inactivation of Na+ k+ ATPase
D. Voltage inactivation of the Na+ channel
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.