Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
81. Acute Barbiturate poisoning results in_______________?
A. Renal failure
B. Liver failure
C. Respiratory failure
82. One of the obious consequences of alchol ( ethenol), ingestion in many individual is facial flushing and increased heart rate triggered off by alcohol getting metabolized to______________?
83. A 50 year old female with end stage renal disease (ESRD) develops pulmonary tuberculosis. Which one of the following drugs should be used in a reduced dose ?
84. Carbamazepine is a type of___________?
85. Morphine a powerful opioid analgesic drug should be avoided in all the following conditions except____________?
A. Left ventricular failure
B. Bronchial asthma
D. A & C
86. An attack of migraine can be easily terminated by___________?
87. One of the benzodiazepines (BDZ) comparatively safe in pregnancy is (Category-B) ?
D. None of the above
88. Drug which causes gingival hyperplasia_____________?
E. Both A & C
89. The intramuscular administration of 0.6 mg of atropine sulphate to a 50 kg adult may produce all of the following effects except________________?
B. Decreased salivation
C. Decreased sweating
90. IV ultrashort acting barbiturate_____________?