Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
71. A patient with grandmal epilepsy would likely be under treatment with_______________?
72. Respiratory depression is seen with_____________?
C. Synthetic narcotics
73. The first choice of drug for patitmal seizure is________________?
A. Phentoin sodium
D. None of the above
74. An untoward effect of that is common to all phenothiazines is______________?
A. A marked increase in blood pressure
B. Rigidity and tremor at rest, particularly with prolonged use
C. Suppression of prolacin
75. Platelet aggregation in inhibited by all except_______________?
76. Salicylate administration is contraindicated in pregnancy because_______________?
A. It delay onset of labour
B. Causes pulmonary hypertension of newborn
C. Readily croses placental barrier
D. All of these
77. Which of the following is a non steroidal anti inflammatory agent with a tendency to produce blood dyscrasias ?
D. B & C
78. The principle central action of caffeine is on the________________?
A. Cerebral cortex
B. Corpus callosum
D. Spinal cord
79. An antiepileptic drug used in petitmal epilepsy is______________?
B. Dilantoin sodium
80. NSAID which undergoes enterohepatic circulation______________?