Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
111. The drug Amifostine is used in subjects undergoing radiotherapy for cancer as it________________?
A. Scavanges free radicals
B. Enhances the production of free radicals
C. Promotes damage of DNA
D. Prevents repair of damaged DNA
112. Mandibular sublaxation is associated with________________?
113. A biological experiment in which one compares the effects of two preparations by means of common biological response is known a_____________?
114. Which of the following is a mismatch ?
A. Naloxone-Tricyclic antidepressant
B. Warfarin- Oral anticoagulant
C. Herbicide and earth materials – allergies
D. Acetaminophen – anti inflammatory
115. All of the following are tocolytic except_______________?
116. A child is brought with drowsiness, decreased deep tendon reflexes and seizures. On examination the child has a blue line on gums. There is history of constipation. Which will be most appropriate drug that should be used in this child ?
117. Filgrastin is used for treatment of_____________?
118. Which among the following anti-histamines, is Least likely to cause sedation_____________?
119. The drug which has an antabusive effect when alcohol is ingested is______________?
A. Penicillin G
120. Which among the following is a cell cycle specific anti-neoplastic drug ?