Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
91. Benzodiazepine antagonist is________________?
92. Which one of the following is NOT an ergot alkaloids_____________?
B. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)
93. BEnzodiazepines are true in___________________?
A. Produce distortion in sleep more than other sedatives
B. More safe than other sedatives when take in larger amounts
C. After metabolism of other drugs in liver
D. All have metabolically active substrates
94. Which of the following is true about parasympathetic nervous system ?
A. Ach is transmitter at both pre & post synaptic junction
B. It causes dilatation of skeletal muscles
C. Post ganglionic fibres are longer than pre ganglionic fibres
D. Noradrenalin is the neurotransmitter at post ganglionic junction
95. Drugs like barbiturates precipitate symptoms of prophyria because______________?
A. They depress ALA synthase
B. They inhibit ALA synthase
C. They induce heme oxygenase
D. They inhibit heme oxygenase
96. The statement Not true of Selective Cox – 2 inhibitor is________________?
A. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects identical to that of Non-selective NSAID
B. They do not offer the cardio protective effect
C. Safe in patients with renal insufficiency
D. Fewer incidence of gastrointestinal side effect
97. Which one of the following muscle relaxant has the maximum duration of action ?
98. All are symptoms of opiate withdrawls except______________?
D. Excessive speech
99. Buprenorphine acts by following mechanism________________?
A. Mu receptor antagonist
B. Kappa receptor antagonist
C. Mu receptor partial agnoist
D. Kappa receptor partial agonist
100. typical Antipsychotic are all except______________?