Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
41. Antagonist of morphine is_______________?
42. Which of the following opioids is not given intrathecally ?
43. All of the following statements about pain are correct except_____________?
A. Analgesia is associated with μ and k receptors
B. Dysphoria is associated with S receptors
C. NSAIDS benefit by preventing prostaglandin synthesis
D. Naloxane is a non-competitive antagonist and irreversibly opposes the opioids
44. Aspirin is avoided in children with influenza infection because of association______________?
A. Reye’s syndrome
D. Acid-base imbalance
45. The most prominent toxic effect associated with acetominophen use is______________?
A. Respiratory alkalosis
C. Hepatic necrosis
D. Gastric Ulceration
46. An attack of bronchial asthma is most likely to be triggered by________________?
C. Diclofenac potassium
D. Mefenamic acid
E. Both A & B
47. Narcotic overdose can be antagonized by______________?
48. Neusea and vomiting that are associated with administration of opioid analgesic is the result of stimulation of the_____________?
A. Limbic system
B. Emetic system
C. Chemoreceptor trigger zone (CTZ)
D. Opioid receptors in G.I.T
49. Verril’s sign is seen in_________________?
A. Diazepam administration
B. Digitalis toxicity
C. Paget’s disease
D. Unconscious states
50. A common side effect associated with all NSAID drugs is_______________?
B. Gastric irritation