Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
251. A drug A & B compared, all are true except____________?
A. 1 mg of A causes same effect of 3 mg of B, so A is more potent
B. 1 mg of A cause effect not even caused by maximum tolerated dose of B, so drug A is more efficacious
C. 1 mg of A cause effect not caused by 1 mg of B so A is more efficacious
D. Efficacy is not dose dependent
252. According to American society of Anesthetists, physical status scale Class III would be_____________?
A. A normal healthy individual
B. A patient with mild systemic disease
C. A patient with severe systemic disease that it not in capacitating
D. None of the above
253. Drug binds to activate the receptor is same fashion, which directly or indirectly brings effect, is_____________?
A. Inverse agonist
D. Partial agonist
254. When a drug creates an effect that is unpredictable and unique it is termed as____________?
A. Side effect
B. Toxicity effect
C. Idiosyncratic effect
D. Drug on Drug effect
255. Drugs exhibiting first pass metabolism are all EXCEPT one______________?
256. Loading dose depends on_____________?
A. Volume of distribution
C. Rate of administration
D. Half life
257. All the following increases drug metabolism by activating cytochrome enzyme, EXCEPT___________?
258. For Arsenic poisoning Antidote is_____________?
259. Intramuscular route is precluded during the medication of________________?
260. Drug efficacy refers to_________________?
A. Range of disease in which the drug beneficial
B. Maximal intensity of response that can be produced by the drug
C. The therapeutic does range of the drug
D. The therapeutic index of the drug