Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
231. During administration of NSAIDs in children, the most important of dose administration is______________?
A. Weight of the child
B. Age of child
C. Nature of the drug
D. Chronicity of pain
232. Complete drug elimination occurs after how many hours, if t½ is 4 hrs______________?
A. 12 hrs
B. 20 hrs
C. 25 hrs
D. 30 hrs
233. Immune mediated qualitative drug intolerance is called______________?
A. Super sensitivity
C. Hyper sensitivity
D. Hyper acidity
234. Following drug which undergo most of its metabolism presystemically______________?
235. I.V anesthesia is_________________?
236. Drug which crosses placental barrier is____________?
D. All of the above
237. What is the advantage of sublingual route of administration of drugs_____________?
A. prevents or bypasses first pass effects
B. Easy to administer
C. Lipid soluble
D. Can be spitted out with signs of toxicity
238. Elimination after 4 half lives in first order kinetics is____________?
239. Majority of drugs are transported across the membrane by____________?
A. Passive diffusion
B. Active transport
C. Facilitated trasnsport
240. Which is a prodrug ?