Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
31. All of the following decrease skeletal muscle tone by CNS effects except____________?
32. Amitryptyline is a____________?
C. Tricyclic antidepressant
33. Thiopentone action is terminated by______________?
34. Phenothiazines are used to____________?
A. Produce muscle relaxation
B. Alter psychotic behaviour
C. Suppress coughing
D. Produce analgesia
35. Drug that does not cause sedation________________?
36. Drug which is used to control status epilepticus is______________?
B. Sodium nitroprusside
C. Glyceryl trinitrite
D. Pheno barbital
37. Prolonged use of aspirin leads to______________?
A. peptic ulcer
B. Bleeding defects
D. A & B
38. Aspirin causes___________?
B. Hemolytic anemia
C. Aplastic anemia
39. Clotting time is most like to be prolonged by the administration of____________?
A. Vitamin K
D. Acetyl salicylic acid
40. Aspirin is used in treatment of Myocardial Infarction___________?
A. It inhibits thromboxanes
B. It stimulates Prostacyclins
C. It is a vasodilator
D. Ithelps in reducing inflammatory aggregate