Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
101. Which of the following anti-epileptic agents causes the reversible side-effect of gingival hyperplasia ?
C. Sodium valporate
D. None of the above
102. Amyl nitrate is most commonly administered _________________?
B. By inhatation
C. Sub lingually
103. Which of the following is a nonsteroldad anti inflammatory agent with a tendency to produce blood dyscriasis ?
A. Indomathecin (indocin)
B. Ibuprofen (Motrin)
104. Which of the following is an irreversible side enact resulting from long term administration of phenothiazline antipsychotics__________________?
C. Tardive dyskinesia
D. B & C
105. Which of the following can be given safely to a patient of congestive heart failure________________?
C. Diclofenac sodium
106. Which of the following is not a contraindication in the therapy with opioids_____________?
A. Use in head injury patient
B. use in impaired pulmonary function
C. Use of agonist with mixed agonist-antagonist
D. Use in severe constant pain
107. Morphine is contraindicated in all of the following except_______________?
A. Pulmonary oedema
C. Bronchial asthma
D. Head injury
108. Which of the following drugs is least efficacious in the treatment of cemporal lobe epilepsy ?
B. Phenytoin sodium
109. Not true about penicillin G is______________?
A. Destroyed by gastric acid
B. Very active against sensitive gram positive cocci
C. Used for treatment of meningococcal meningitis
D. More concentrated in prostatic secretions and intraocular fluids
110. A child has phocomelia, this impliments his mother had taken which of the following medication during pregnancy______________?