Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
281. Diuretics cause loss of_______________?
282. Which of the following is not true about ACE inhibitors ?
A. Used in asthma
B. Increase quality of life
C. Postural hypotension is seen
D. Na level decrease
283. A young lady talking rifampicin and OCP together become pregnant, most probable cause is____________?
A. Rifampicin causes hepatic enzyme induction and increase metabolism of OCP’s
B. Decreased absorption of OCP’s
C. Obstruction of fallopian tubes
D. Increase excretion of OCP’s
284. Which of the following statements regarding nitroglycerin is true ?
A. The effect is more pronounced in venous
B. High membrane penetrability
C. Poorly suited for oral administration
D. All of the above
285. About heparin true is_____________?
A. Mixture of sulphated polypeptide
B. Known to cause idiopathic thrombocytosis
C. Half-life is 90 min
D. Decrease action of prothrombin III
286. Which of the following is not an antimigraine agent ?
B. Divalprox sodium
287. Which of the following is a protective drug in the management of gastric and duodenal ulcers ?
A. H2 antihistamines
288. Which one of the anti hypertensives is contraindicated in pregnancy ?
289. Which one is not converted to an active metabolite ?
290. All of the given drugs are positive inotropes EXCEPT_____________?