Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
261. All of the following statements regarding biovailability of a drug are true except______________?
A. It is the proportion (fraction) of unchanged drug that reaches the systemic circulation
B. Biovailability of an orally administered drug can be calculated by comparing the area under cure (o-a) after oral and intravenous (IV) administration
C. Low oral biovailability always and necessarily mean poor absorption
D. Biovailability can be determined from plasma concentration or urinary excretion data
262. Combination of ampicillin and gentamicin is an example of_____________?
D. Bacterial symbiosis
263. Which drugs had high first pass effect_____________?
264. Neuro adaptation to drug is same as______________?
A. Physical dependence
B. Psychological dependence
265. Idiosyncracy is known as to have_____________?
A. Genetic component
B. Psychological component
C. Psysiological component
D. Nutritional component
266. Zero order kinetics is seen with_______________?
267. Drugs showing zero order kinetics of elimination_____________?
A. Are more common than first order kinetics
B. Decrease in concentration exponentially with time
C. Have a half – life independent of dose
D. Show a plot of drug concentration versus time that is linear
268. Therapeutic index is____________?
A. LD 100/Ed100
B. ED 100/LD 100
C. LD 50/ED500
269. Allergic reactions depends on all except____________?
A. previous exposure to the drug
B. Dosage of the drug received
C. Pharmacological action of the drug
D. Antigen antibody reaction
270. When allergic manifestations occur pursuant to use of antimicrobial agents, what of the following is seen____________?
A. Skin eruptions
B. Angioneurotic edema
D. Serum imbalance
E. Both A & B