Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
121. In cirrhoses patients, dose reduction is needed for all the following drugs except_____________?
122. Which statement is true about carbamazepine ?
A. Used in trigeminal neuralgia
B. Carbamazepine is an enzyme inhibitor
C. Can cause megaloblastic anemia
D. It is the drug of choice for status epilepticus
123. Agents used by local application to control bleeding include all of the following except____________?
A. Trannic acid
B. Gelatin foam
124. The following statements about verapamil are true except_____________?
A. It does not produce reflex tachycardia
B. It is less potent as a coronary vasodilator
C. It is contraindicated in patients with supraventicular tachycardia
D. It can cause constipation
125. Which of the following is true for carbonic anhydrase inhibitor ?
A. It causes excertion of Na & Cl
B. It is used as an adjunct in epilepsy
C. It is very potent
D. It causes metabolic alkalosis
126. The most common type of epilepsy in children is________________?
A. Grand mal epilepsy
B. Infantile spasm
C. Petit mal
D. None of the above
127. The most common cause of antibiotic – related diarrhea is____________?
128. Blood spills in hospitals are cleaned by_______________?
A. Absolute alchohol
B. Quaternary ammonium compound
C. Sodium hypochlorite
D. Iodine compound
129. Mention the drug causing gynecomastia hirsuitism, menstrual disturbance on long-term use______________?
130. H antagonists are effective in the therapy of all the following except______________?
A. Common cold
B. Systemic anaphylaxis
C. Motion sickness