Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
141. ovidone iodine is the choice of mouthrinse in cases associated AIDS because______________?
A. It is a topical antimicrobial
B. It is a topical anesthestic
C. Its ability to aid in blood coagulation
D. All of the above
142. Which of the following drugs cannot reduce the salivary secretions ?
143. Which of the following is not true for histamine ?
A. Causes arteriolar dialation
B. causes bronchodialtion
C. Causes pain when injected subcutaneously
D. Is released following injury and in certain allergic responses
144. Dermatologic manifestation of drug allergy are managed by_____________?
145. A patient on digoxin should not be given quindine because______________?
A. Displaces digoxine from its tissue binding sites
B. Displaces digoxin from its protein binding sites
C. Decrease the renal clearance of digoxin
D. Decreases the plasma potassium level
146. A side effect of an antithyroid drug is______________?
147. All of the following are true except____________?
A. A special application of dantrolene is used to treat malignant hyperthermia
B. Interferons have a role in immunology of cancer
C. Thalidomide is used for the treatment of leprosy
D. Allopurinol is a derivative of 8-mercaptopurine
148. Teratogenicity is_______________?
A. Carcinoma forming tendency
B. Fetal malformation
C. Intolerance to a drug
D. Drug dependence
149. Which of the following is not a potassium sparing diuretic______________?
150. Gastric secretion has been shown to be most effectively reduced with the use of___________?
A. H1 histamine receptor antagonist
B. H2 histamine receptor antagonist
C. Adrenal steroids