551. Heparin, apart from releasing lypoprotein lipase in the blood exerts its anti-coagulant action by____________?
A. Binding to calcium
B. Inhibiting fibrinogen synthesis
C. Inhibiting prothrombin synthesis
D. Inhibiting thrombin synthesis
552. Delay in blood coagulation results from_____________?
A. Human thrombin
C. Ferric chloride
553. Which of the following is not an action of epinephrine when administered intravenously in a high dose ?
A. Increased liver glycogenolysis
B. Causes broachiolar constriction
C. Evokes extrasystoles in the heart
D. Produces restlessness and anxiety
554. The antidote for heparin is______________?
B. Protamine sulphate
D. Potassium sulphate
555. An excess of which of the following hormones may be associated with increased sensitivity to epinephrine ?
A. Lowers the intraocular pressure in glaucoma
B. Cleaved by acetylcholinesterase
C. Inhibits sweat and lacrimation
D. Causes tachycardia
557. The drug which is used to treat laryngospasm is_______________?
558. The drug of choice in the management of life threatening allergic reaction is______________?
559. The following drugs are avoided with warfarin ______________?
C. Nsaid’s like Ibuprofen
D. Codeine, dihydrocodeine, paracetmol
560. Beta 2 agonist causes_______________?
B. Contraction of urinary spinctors
D. Bronchial muscle relaxation