Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
51. Aspirin acts on which part of brain ?
A. Substantia gelatinosa
B. Limbic system
52. NSAID’s have adverse effect on________________?
53. Which of the following drug is used to counter act the gastric irritation produced by administration of NSAID_______________?
54. Prolonged use of aspirin causes_______________?
55. Salicylate overdose in children causes_______________?
B. Rye’s syndrome
D. None of the above
56. A patient on 300 mg of aspirin will show all the following except________________?
A. Irreversible inhibition of cyclooxygenase path way
B. Prolonged bleeding time
C. Inhibition of thromboxane TXA2
D. Inhibition of prostaglandin PGI2
57. Which of the following anti inflammatory drug is a COX-2 inhibitor_____________?
58. Pregnant patient can be safely given______________?
59. Aspirin is contraindicated in_______________?
C. Peptic ulcer
60. Less gastrointestinal bleed is seen in the following NSAID_______________?
C. C0X2 specific inhibitors