Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
161. Which of the following is a leukotriene antagonist ?
162. Which of the following statements about Azoles is false ?
A. They are fungistatic
B. They are hepatotoxic
C. Resistance to the drug is common
D. They affect the metabolism of drugs such as cyclosporine necessitating an increasing in dosage
163. Which drug is present in ledermix paste ?
164. Which drug is not acetylated ?
165. Finasteride is a ?
A. 5 alpha reductase inhibitor
B. PDE inhibitor
C. Alpha blocker
D. Androgen receptor blocker
166. Therapeutic uses of calcium salts include the following except_________________?
B. Disorders of coagulation
D. Extreme hyper-Kalemia
167. Use of morphine is contraindicated in the following conditions except_______________?
A. Head injury
B. Acute myocardial infarcation
C. Acute abdominal pain before diagnosis
D. Bronchial asthma
168. Which of the following drugs is used in the morning sickness_____________?
169. A factor with a mucopoly saccaride, present in liver, presenting in platelet aggregation is______________?
B. Acetylsalicylic acid
170. Digitalis induced automaticity is enhanced by______________?
A. High K+ levels
B. High Ca2+ levels
C. High Na+ levels
D. Low K+ levels