Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
21. The anti-inflammatory analgesic drug the causes least gastrointestinal symptoms is______________?
B. Phenyl butazone
22. Paracetamol is contraindicated in_______________?
B. Chronic hepatitis
C. Bleeding disorders
D. A & B
23. Which of the following drugs is currently widely used in treating opioid dependent individuals?
24. Birbiturates in pediatrics is_____________?
B. Low safety
C. Can be used safely
D. Not much use
25. A patient with grand mal epilepsy would likely be under treatment with_____________?
26. The Ethyl alcohol (Ethanol) is more effective when mixed with water and used as_____________?
A. 10 to 20 percent
B. 20 to 30 percent
C. 40 to 50 percent
D. 60 to 70 percent
27. Best and most effective drug to control convulsions in toxicity cases is______________?
28. Which of the following drugs causes extra pyramidal symptoms_____________?
29. Phenytoin is associated with_____________?A. Folic acid deficiency
B. Alzhiemer’s disease
C. Cushing’s syndrome
D. Vitamin C deficiency
30. All of the following statements about opioids is correct except_____________?
A. Pentazocine and buprinorphine
B. Pentazocine shows withdrawal symptoms in opioid dependent patients
C. Partial agonists are free from classic opioid adverse effects
D. Ethomorphine is similar to pethidine chemically