Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
271. Salbutamol is used in_____________?
A. Cardiac asthma
B. Bronchial asthma
C. Pulmanray oedema
D. Cor pulmonale
272. One of the following is not an antiemetic_____________?
273. INFLIXIMAB (systemic) is used in_____________?
A. Crohn’s disease (treatment)
B. To reduce the number of draining enterocutaneous fistula(s) in patients with fistulizing crohn’s disease
C. Rheumatoid arthritis (treatment)
D. All of the above
274. All the following about antiemetic drugs are correct except_______________?
A. Domperidone blocks the D2 receptors in CTZ and upper gut
B. Domperidone causes Dystonia
C. Ondastran acts on selective 5 -HT3 receptors
D. Ondastran may cause vomiting by effecting the cytotoxic antige receptors
275. Which one of the following drugs is not contraindicated in bronchial asthma ?
276. Which of the following sympathominetic agents is the most bronchodilator_____________?
B. Nor epinephrine
277. Beta blockers are contraindicated in___________?
A. Angina pectoris
B. Cardiac arrhythmia
C. Cardiac failure
D. Myocardial infarction
278. Action of Nitroglycerin is______________?
A. Direct action on smooth muscle
B. Slows SA node conductivity
C. Blocks arrhythmia
D. Increases perfusion to heart
279. Which of the following is not caused by Frusemide____________?
280. Heroin, an addict drug contains______________?
B. Acetyl morphine