Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
241. IF patient suffered from exaggerated effect of pharmacological effect____________?
C. Side effect
D. None of the above
242. A prodrug is____________?
A. The proto type member of a class of drugs
B. The oldest member of a class of drugs
C. An inactive drug that is transformed in the body to an active metabolite
D. A drug that is stored in body tissues and is then gradually released in the direction
243. Plasma concentration of drug at time 0 is 96g/mL. if t1/2 is 2 hours concentration is plasma at 10 hours will be___________?
244. Km value indicates______________?
A. Purity of Enzyme
B. Physiological role
C. Half life enzymes drug complex
245. The ratio of the median lethal dose of the median effective dose is the_____________?
A. Morbidity index
B. Moratality index
C. Anesthetic ratio
D. Therapeutic index
246. Therapetic index indicates____________?
A. Drug toxicty
B. Drug potency
C. Drug safety
D. Drug’s Lethal effect
247. Teratogenicity results when drugs are given during____________?
A. First trimester
B. Second trimester
C. Third trimester
D. Soon after birth
248. The following statements are true about intravenous route of drug administration EXCEPT____________?
A. It is useful in emergencies
B. Aseptic precautions are required
C. Bioavailability is 100%
D. Suspensions can be administered
249. The dose of a drug required to produce a specified effect in 50% of the population is_____________?
250. American society of anesthesiologists physical status classification system, P2 is a is a patient who______________?
A. Is healthy
B. With mild systemic disease
C. With severe systemic disease
D. None of the above