Pharmacology is the study of how a drug affects a biological system and how the body responds to the drug. The discipline encompasses the sources, chemical properties, biological effects and therapeutic uses of drugs. These effects can be therapeutic or toxic, depending on many factors. Academic tasks have more than 2000+ general pharmacology MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pharmacology subject and cover all important topics of pharmacology like Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on pharmacology. These pharmacology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Dental Materials here.
151. Which of the following can cause seizure ?
152. Toxic optic neuropathy can be caused by all of the following EXCEPT_______________?
B. Ethylene glycol
153. Toxic optic neuropathy can be caused by all of the following EXCEPT____________?
B. Ethylene glycol
154. Untrue about vitamin D is_______________?
A. UV light helps in formation
B. Increased parathyroid hormone secretion is seen in renal failure
C. Hydroxylation of 25-hydroxycholecalcitenol occurs in kidney
D. 25-hydroxycholecalciferol is used in treatment of renal failure
155. Progestin compound that does not alter lipid profile is______________?
156. Drug injury may be caused by therapeutic drugs or______________?
C. Nontherapeutic agents
D. All of the above
157. Imatinib acts on______________?
A. Alpha TNF receptors
B. IL-2 receptors
C. Tyrosin Kinase receptors
D. Inhibits Phosphodiesterase
158. Which of the following is used in the prophylaxis of migraine ?
159. Which of the following is NOT a systemic effect of corticosteroid ?
A. Increase in IL-1
B. Increase in total amount of circulatory neutrophils
C. Anti-inflammatory effect is increased
D. Inhibit phospholipase A2
160. Sildenafil is inhibitor of_______________?