Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of Biochemistry MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on biochemistry subject and cover all important topics of biochemistry like Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Aminocides, Proteins, Proteins function, Nucleic acids, Weak Interactions in Aqueous Systems, Ionization of Water, Weak acids & Weak Bases, Water as a Reactant, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Medical here.
51. Vitamin A_____________?
A. Is water soluble
B. Deficiency causes impaired vision
C. Maintains normal plasma calcium levels
D. Is required for formation of clotting factors
52. Vitamin B12 acts as a coenzyme to which one of the following enzyme ?
A. Isocitrate dehydrogenase
B. Homocyteine methyl transferase
C. Glycogen synthase
D. G-6-P dehydrogenase
53. Deficiency of vitamin C causes the following except____________?
A. Painful swollen gums
B. Abnormal Collagen
54. Vit B12 is absorbed in the_____________?
B. Terminal ileum
C. Lower jejunum
D. Proximal ileum
55. Coenzyme forms are correctly matched except_____________?
A. Biotin – carboxylated biotin
B. Vitamin B – ATP
C. Niacin – NAD+NADP
D. Vitamin B2 – FMN+FAC
56. Vitamin K dependent clotting factors are______________?
E. All of the above
57. The action of vitamin K in formation of clotting factor is through__________________?
A. Post transcription
B. Post translation
C. Golgi complex
D. Endoplasmic reticulum
58. Which of the following is not true of Vit D_______________?
A. Its active form is calcitriol
B. Increase calcium absorption from the intestines
C. Its deficiency results in rickets
D. Its decrease cause phosphate reabsorption from the kidneys
59. Most of vitamin B12 in the body is stored as_____________?
A. Methyl B12
B. Hydroxy B12
C. Cyano cobalamine
D. None of the above
60. The following vitamin is important in non-oxidative decarboxylation, transamination and transsulfuration reactions_____________?
D. Pantothenic acid