531. Which of the following is not a sensible grouping of amino acids based on their polarity properties?
A. Ala, Leu, and Val
B. Arg, His, and Lys
C. Phe, Trp, and Tyr
D. Asp, Ile, and Pro
532. Proteins and macromolecular structures take on their higher order structures
A. by self-assembly
B. with the help of molecular chaperons
C. with the help of precursor sequences that are removed from the final structures
D. all of the above
533. What is the product of the catabolic breakdown of Alanine?
534. How many different amino acids are there?
D. An infinite number
535. Amino acids required in the human diet and not synthesized by the body are called
536. Which of the following amino acid contain an imidazolium moiety?
537. The sequence of letters ‘WYQN’ will represent
A. Tryptophan, tyrosine, glutamic acid, asparagine
B. Tryptophan, tyrosine, glutamine, asparagine
C. Tryptophan, glutamine, tryptophan, asparagine
D. Glutamine, tyrosine, tryptophan, aspartic acid
538. The sulphur containing side chain of cysteine is
A. ampiphillic, highly reactive and capable of reacting with another cysteine
B. hydrophillc, highly reactive and capable of reacting with another cysteine
C. hydrophobic, highly reactive and capable of reacting with another cysteine
D. none of the above
539. Which of the following is a nonprotein amino acid?
D. None of these
540. Serine and threonine are polar amino acids due to
A. reactive hydroxyl group in the side chain
B. reactive alcoholic group in the side chain
C. reactive keto group in the side chain
D. reactive aldehyde group in the side chain