Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of Biochemistry MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on biochemistry subject and cover all important topics of biochemistry like Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Aminocides, Proteins, Proteins function, Nucleic acids, Weak Interactions in Aqueous Systems, Ionization of Water, Weak acids & Weak Bases, Water as a Reactant, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Medical here.
141. The amino acid, which is used is the estimation of collagen is_____________?
142. The amino acid from which niacin is synthesized is______________?
143. Hydroxylation of proline require the following except____________?
C. Ascorbic acid
144. The process by which a base sequence of messenger RNA is synthesized (by a RNA polymerase) on a template of complementary DNA is called______________?
145. The major fuel for the brain after several weeds of starvation______________?
B. Fatty acid
C. Beta hydroxy butyrate
146. Non essential amino acids are not_____________?
A. Used by the body
B. Forming part of the proteins
C. Required in the diet
D. Absorbed in the intestines
147. The following is false about tryptophan_____________?
A. Non-essential amino acid
B. Involved in serotonin synthesis
C. Involved in niacin synthesis
D. Involved in melatonin in synthesis
148. Which of the following amino acid is involved in gluconeogenesis______________?
D. All of the above
149. Glycine is present in____________?
E. All of the above
150. Quaternary structure of protein is_____________?
A. The arrangement sequence of amino acids in the polypeptide chain
B. Inter relation between amino acids in a single polypeptide chain
C. Inter relation of amino acids in 2 polypeptide chains
D. The inter relation and arrangement of polypeptides in a protein with more than 2 polypeptide chains