431. The first product of glycogenolysis is_____________?
A. Glucose 6 phosphatase
B. Glucose 1,6 diphosphatase
C. Glucose 1- phosphatase
D. Fructose 1- phosphatase
432. Glucose can be synthesized from all except_____________?
A. Amino acids
D. Lactic acid
433. The tissue with the highest glycogen content (mg/100gm)_____________?
434. Major contribution towards gluconeogenesis is by____________?
435. An essential for the conversion of glucose to glycogen in liver is____________?
C. Pyruvate Kinase
436. Which of the following enzymes use NADP as coenzyme ________________?
A. Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase
B. Lactate dehydrogenase
C. Glucose 6-Phosphate dehydrogenase
D. Beta hydroxy acyl CoA dehydrogenase
437. In prolonged starvation the main nergy source of brain is_____________?
B. Ketone bodies
D. Fatty acids
438. The citric acid cycle is the final pathway for oxidation of______________?
D. None of the above
439. The uptake of glucose by the liver increase following a carbohydrate meal because____________?
A. There is increase in phosphorylation of glucose by glucokinase
B. GLUT-2 stimulated by insulin
C. Glucokinase has a low Km for glucose
D. Hexokinase in liver has a high affinity for glucose
440. Which one of the following enzymes provides a link between glycolysis and the citric acid cycle ?
A. Lactate dehydrogenase
B. Pyruvate kinase
C. Citrate synthase
D. Pyruvate dehydrogenase