Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of Biochemistry MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on biochemistry subject and cover all important topics of biochemistry like Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Aminocides, Proteins, Proteins function, Nucleic acids, Weak Interactions in Aqueous Systems, Ionization of Water, Weak acids & Weak Bases, Water as a Reactant, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Medical here.
41. The 3 – D’s dermatitis, diarrhoea and dementia are seen in deficiency of____________?
42. The function of vitamin A is/are related to which of the following ?
C. Retinoic acid
D. All of the above
43. Daily Vitamin A intake___________?
A. 1000 I.U
B. 2000 I.U
C. 3000 I.U
D. 4000 I.U
44. Scurvy is the result of deficiency of____________?
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin C
C. Vitamin B
D. Vitamin D
45. Deficiency of nicotinic acid results in____________?
C. Night blindness
D. Pernicious anemia
46. In humans and other primates as well as in guinea pigs, this vitamin cannot be synthesized because of the absence of the enzyme L-gulonolactone oxidase: the vitamin is_____________?
A. Pantothenic acid
B. Nicotinic acid
C. Ascorbic acid
D. Folic acid
47. Vitamin D_____________?
A. Absorption requires bile pigments
B. Synthesis is regulated at the reaction catalyzed by 15-hydroxylase
C. Deficiency on adults leads to rickets
D. Along with PTH, increases calcium resorption from bone
48. Thiamine deficiency causes decreased energy production because____________?
A. It is required for the process of transmination
B. It is co-factor in oxidative reduction
C. It is co-enzyme for transketolase in pentose phosphate pathway
D. It is co-enzyme for pyruvate dehydrogenase
49. One molecule of B-carotene gives rise to______________?
A. 1 unit of Vitamin A
B. 2 unit of Vitamin A
C. 3 unit of Vitamin A
D. 4 unit of Vitamin A
50. The maximum content of vitamin E is found in____________?
A. Cold liver oil
B. Fish liver oil
C. Wheat germ oil